Materials Research Centre (MRC) was established as the Materials Research Laboratory in 1978 to pursue research and provide education in the interdisciplinary field of Materials Science and Technology. It was renamed as the Material Research Centre in 1987.
Currently the Centre has 9 active faculty members, 3 emeritus faculty members and 5 associate faculty members from other departments, including one honorary professor.
News and Announcements
- MRC Phd Interviews of the selected candidates will be conducted by Google Meet from 6th to 10th July 2020. Candidates who have not received the schedule of their interview, please contact MRC chairman by email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prof. Basu was elected as a Fellow of the American Ceramic Society in April 2019
- Prof. Basu’s student, Ms. Atasi Dan, was awarded the Dr. K V Rao scientific society’s Young scientist winner award in May 2019 for her work on “Evaluation of Spectral Selectivity of High Temperature Multilayer Solar Absorber Thin Film.”
- Ms. Ritambhara Gond has received the ‘2019 ECS Summer Fellowship’ from the Electrochemical Society, USA.
- Ms. Ritambhara Gond has received the ‘2019 Ludo Frevel Crystallography Scholarship’ from the International Centre for Diffraction Data (ICDD), USA.
- aNANt is an initiative of Materials Theory and Simulations Group at Materials Research Centre, to develop and host an open-access online repository of functional materials. It is the first materials database from India and currently hosts electronic data of over 23000 MXenes.
- MRC Phd Interviews scheduled from 6th July to 10th July 2020.
- MRC weekly seminar is held on Mondays at 4:00 P.M.
This beautiful scanning electron micrograph seen is the fracture surface of a poly-crystal of CoSb3 containing Mn and Yb.
Graphical representation of the results of theoretical modeling of energy transfer between an excited dye molecule and a nanoparticle.
Atomic force microscope image of an optical bragg grating made out of a glass nanocrystal composite.
Prototype of electronic device to be used as a gas sensor